Last updated: April 15, 2013
Types of Information about Users Gathered by Missing Link
The information we gather about users of this Site enables us to provide you with the services you seek and helps us to personalize and continually improve our service to you. Here are the types of information we gather:
· Information You Give Us: We receive and may store any information you enter on the Site or provide us in any way. For example, you provide us with information when you complete or modify your Administrator Profile Page or UID Profile Page; submit an inquiry or provide feedback; or interact with the Site in other ways. We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, home or business address, email address, birth date, phone number, social media accounts, photo, or password. Some of the information we ask you to provide us is mandatory and some is voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information requested for a particular activity, you will not be permitted to participate in that activity.
· Automatic Information: We receive, analyze, and store certain types of information whenever you interact with the Site, whether or not you have agreed to the Missing Link Services Agreement. For example, we may collect the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet; your email address; information about your browser and operating system; the Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) of the websites you visit before and after our Site; and information about how you move around our Site. We may place cookies and other anonymous identifiers on your computer to prevent fraud, to personalize your experience on our Site, and to collect and store this information so that we can improve our services. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can send to your browser and may then be stored on your computer’s hard drive. An anonymous identifier is a random string of characters that is used for the same purposes as a cookie on platforms, including certain mobile devices, where cookie technology is not available. You may be able to block, delete, or disable cookies, but doing so may prevent you from taking advantage of some or all of Missing Link’s services.
· Information from Other Sources: We may combine information you provide us with information from third parties to correct our records, personalize your experience, or enhance our services. This may include, but is not limited to, information from our service providers.
How Missing Link Shares the Information It Receives
Information about our users is a critical part of our business. We will not sell that information to others, but we may share user information with others in the following ways:
· With Authorized Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and operating or hosting our Site, and we may share your personally identifiable information with these parties. We encourage our Third Party Service Providers to adopt and post privacy policies; however, the use of your personally identifiable information by such parties is subject to their privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
· For Missing Link’s Protection or the Protection of Others: We may disclose your personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or a court order; enforce our Missing Link Services Agreement with you; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Missing Link, our users, or others.
Security of Your Information
When Missing Link collects and stores your personally identifiable information, as outlined above, we use tools such as encryption, passwords, and physical security to protect that information against unauthorized access and disclosure. When you provide us with personally identifiable information, however, you acknowledge that, even with industry standard security measures in place, third parties might unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
UID Profile Page
If you agree to the Missing Link Services Agreement and then purchase and register Missing Link Tags/Labels, you will provide us with information for your Administrator Profile Page. This information may include your name, email address, birth date, social media account information, photo, and/or telephone number. You may choose to include some or all of this information as contact-related information on your UID Profile Page. Once your UID Profile Page goes live or is updated, that content becomes accessible for others to read, collect, or use once they have access to one of your Missing Link Tags/Labels. We have no control over who reads, collects, or uses the content you voluntarily post on your UID Profile Page.
Managing Your Information
You have options for managing your personally identifiable information on Missing Link:
· You can add to, update, or delete content on your Administrator Profile Page and UID Profile Page once your pages go live. When you update information, we may electronically store the prior version(s) of your information. You can decide which information and whether or not your photo are visible on your UID Profile Page to people who find or have access to your Missing Link Tags/Labels.
· We will not send you third party promotional emails without your permission. As a condition of agreeing to the Missing Link Services Agreement, however, you agree to receive from us administrative emails that relate to your activity on our Site, the services we provide under the Missing Link Services Agreement, and announcements about new features or changes to the Site or our Services.
· If you no longer want to use the Missing Link Site, you may cancel your Missing Link Services Agreement pursuant to the terms of that Agreement. Your personal information may remain in our historical records, but you will no longer receive emails from us about new features or changes to the Site or our services.
Children’s Privacy Issues
Minors under the age of 13 may not use the Site. We do not knowingly collect or maintain information from anyone under the age of 13. Minors under the age of 18 may make inquiries on the Site only with the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Anyone making inquiries through the Site represents that he or she is 13 years of age or older and, if he or she is at least 13 but less than 18 years of age, that he or she has the consent of his or her parent or legal guardian to make such inquiries and interact with the Site. If you are aware of any instance where we have collected information from someone under the age of 13, or under the age of 18 without parent or legal guardian consent, please inform us immediately.